Skip to main content

About:


We have great pleasure in presenting The College Study for the students worldwide. It is concise, comprehensive and dependable. This website is intended to serve as complete and self-contained work on essays, paragraphs, speeches, articles, study helping notes, history, letters, stories, grammar, quotes, applications, information technology, media, science, and miscellaneous topics. It should also serve as a handy compendium for all graduate and post-graduate college students. In preparation of this website, the authors have been guided by the following considerations:
  • That the language should be simple, idiomatic, clear and straightforward.
  • That the presentation of ideas should be easy and comprehension for the students concerned.
  • That it covers a large number of topics so that with the suitable adjustment you could be used this content for various purposes.
  • That the presentation of the website should be methodical and help the students to cultivate the habit of forming their own ideas with the help of given topics here.

Letter to Father Telling Him the Cause of Your Failure

Examination Hall,
A. B. C. (City).
April 10, 2014.

My dear Father,

You might have received my discouraging result card of the December test. It is but natural that you should have been shocked and annoyed at my performance in the examination. I feel humiliated and disgraced by showing such a shameful result. I do not find suitable words to express myself. But neither blame ill-luck nor try to find other lame excuses to justify my failure. Nevertheless, considering the adverse circumstances that I had to face before the test, we may deduce that this failure of mine is venial. The following are some of the factors responsible for my failure.

First, you know, my dear cousin was murdered mercilessly a fortnight before the examination. He was not only my Cousin but also a good friend of mine. It was entirely a shattering shock to me and I fell terribly ill. I might not have sustained my nerves without your fatherly affection and benevolent Consolation. It was inexorable mental agony that kept on Smashing my soul and lashing my whole being.

Father, you know very well my previous academic records. In the last tests got ninety five percent marks. This time I was absolutely mentally diverted and disturbed. could not concentrate upon my work. All the time, the loving face of my aear cousin shines in my mind's eye. Father, you know, we have always been together through thick and thin. My cousin and I wanted to be lawyers. Now I do resolve to fulfil my cousin's cherished desire. I would employ all of my faculties and resources to realize his dreams. But you are requested to leave no stone unturned to get the murderer of my cousin hanged. !ike Shakespeare I believe:
"For murder, though it have no tongue, will speak with most miraculous organ."
Secondly, as again you know, I am the captain of the cricket team of our college. This time District Tournament took place near the examination. Much of my time was wasted in that Way. Moreover, just after the vacation, our lecturers in Physics and Chemistry were transferred. The successor to Lecturer in Physics joined the college after two months and we remained without a lecturer during this time. The successor to lecturer in Chemistry never came to join. This added to my difficulties and failed in Chemistry also.

Lastly, the instant, I joined the College, I was told by my friends and seniors that they would go to College not for sake of studies but for amusement and recreation. I found college life altogether different from schnoi life. The professors never put us any question in the classroom rather allowed us the sma'imum liberty. The students often slipped out of the classroom. They were neither rebuked nor fined nor punished. Moreover, a few of our professors informed us that we should make efforts to increase our general knowledge by reading extra books than the text ones. So, neglected the Textbooks completely and started reading novels, detective stories, plays and other cheap literature. In fact, I took more interest in things other than my studies. I devoted most of my time to political activities. I wasted quite a number of days in preparing speeches and making tours to different places. More than all this, I fell in the company of bad boys and often went to the pictures, theatres, hotel clubs, coffee houses and restaurants. In this way, much of my precious time which I should have devoted to studies, was wasted. Only a week before the inception of the examination realized my mistake and tried to read the books. I could not follow anything as had neither attended the classes regularly, nor listened to the lecturers attentively. As a result, I had to cut a sorry figure.

I am Sure that I have made my position clear calling a Spade a Spade and hope that you would pardon me for this lapse. I am a son of a brave father. Failure cannot discourage me. Now I have started my preparations for the next examination. I have rescheduled my study hours and I am trying to make up my deficiency. I have given up bad Company and have stopped going to the pictures, restaurants, clubs, Coffee houses and theatres. I am attending the classes regularly Working by the Sweat of my brow and have revised all the books. Within a few months,I hope to master all the subjects. I promise you earnestly to show very good results in the forth coming examination. I just want your blessings and encouragement.
With regards and love
Your affectionately,
X.Y.Z.

Letter to Father Telling Him the Cause of Your Failure

Comments